Friday, January 23, 2009

Just me and my girls


My sweetheart went to help his twin brother put new windows in his house today. Just in case I didn't mention this before, I live in Maine, my brother-in-law lives in northern Maine. Yeah, Baby, it's cold outside. Why would he want to put his windows in this time of year you ask? Who knows, but my wonderful, generous husband wanted to help his bro so who am I to stand in the way? That meant that I got to have a girls day today. My mom watched the two younger ones this morning while I went to an appointment. Then I took them out to lunch and then grocery shopping, (we're having our best friends over for fondue tomorrow night! Yum Yum) We went and picked Ava up from school and made our way home, Charlotte fell fast asleep in the car so I laid her in her bed and then put in The Sound of Music, which I'm sure will restart the requests for 4 more children to complete the 7 that my daughters see as our complete family! I made dinner while the movie played, went and got Charlotte, changed her diaper, paused movie, served dinner and then the highlight of our day...... we made hot fudge sundaes!!! Yummy! I un-paused the movie and cleaned up and then plopped down on the couch with my girls to finish The Sound of Music. I fell asleep. Two hours of sleep last night finally caught up with me. When the movie ended I ushered my little ones upstairs and patience not being my friend this evening I got them ready for bed as quickly as I could. Prayers, kisses, lights out! Mani/pedi, shows on my DVR, and late night snacks here I come!!!! Oh, and I do miss you baby! :) Night Night

No comments: