Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Little Bit About Me










Whenever I go to a new blog the first thing I want to do is find out about that person. Sometimes I go through pages and pages of archives before I can figure out who these people are and whether I want to continue reading their blog. So I decided I would devote one whole post to telling the things about me that I think matter.


I am 28, I met my amazing husband Shawn, in high school. I was boy crazy at a very young age. I mean I started chasing them in Kindergarten for heavens sake! I was one of those girls that thought I was going to marry every boyfriend I had, which was only like 3 before I met Shawn. Yeah he was hot stuff back then, well, he still is really! I was a Freshmen and he was a Junior and he had an identical twin brother. Oh my, was I smitten! A mutual friend introduced us and then a few days later he gave me his number! I still get butterflies just thinking about those days! So, I called, I really wanted to go out with this guy!! Our first date was to a Friday night football game. I chewed on his leather key chain the whole night, I was soooo nervous! I would like to say that the rest is history and we lived happily ever after but that wasn't the case. We stayed together for four years, even a year long distance before I graduated and headed out to college where he was at. We lived a year away and then came home, got engaged and then split up. I lived life on the edge, so to speak, while he stayed mostly on the straight and narrow. We got back together, split up again and then managed to find our way back together again. Shawn proposed to me again and I readily accepted. Not every women gets a second chance at her prince charming. We were married 8 mos later in a Catholic mass wedding. It was beautiful, hot, but beautiful, and amazing, I still couldn't believe that I was marrying this man, it seemed like a dream. We moved to South Carolina right after we returned from our honeymoon. Our oldest daughter Ava was born in Jan the following year and when she was 7 mos old we were transferred down to Florida. We lived there for four years and had two more little girls, Anabelle, born 11-04 and Charlotte 11-06. After Charlotte was born we decided it was time to try and move home. Even though we made a great life down in Florida, we missed our families terribly and it was getting harder to go home and visit them. Shawn's company transferred us home to Maine and we lived with my parents for nine months while we waited for our house to sell, in the worst market that this country had seen in years. It still hasn't sold, but we're renting it out. We bought an old, two story four square, we fell in love with the old built ins and beautiful woodwork. It's small for our family but we're planning on adding an addition. I have been a stay at mom since Ava was born but the move to Maine forced me to work part time. I work 25 hours a week at night while Shawn is with the girls. It isn't our ideal but we make it work and remind ourselves that it is temporary. We found out in June that we were expecting number four, but at our 8 week checkup the ultrasound showed no heartbeat on our little bean. It was devastating. I am so grateful for my children, they are healthy, strong, smart and beautiful, I couldn't ask for more, but we really wanted that baby too. We decided to naturally try to prevent until we healed but the day after Christmas we found out we were expecting again, my best friend found out the week before that she too was expecting, her first. We were so excited, but I was so scared, and rightfully so. On Jan 1st I miscarried that baby too. I know that God has a better plan for me then I have for myself, but this has really tested my faith. I don't understand and my heart is broken, but I know he is with me and I have an amazing support system. My dear husband doesn't want us to get pregnant again because he doesn't want to see me go through this again but I think that we both just need some time. I tend to learn lessons the hard way and this second miscarriage has driven me to my knees and forced me to call out to God the Father. I hope and pray that one day he sees fit to bless our family again. For now, I will hold the three little ones I have a little closer and tell them how much I love them a little more, because I know just how precious life is and how quickly these blessings can be gone from our lives.














No comments: