Thursday, December 30, 2010

I really hate Influenza...


My poor little guy is fighting a nasty bug. It's been diagnosed as Influenza pending the test results. Shawn and I decided to forgo the flu shots this year. I didn't really like getting them last year but I did it because he was such a little thing and I felt it was best. I'm not anti-vaccinations, my kiddos are all up to date on them but we do follow our own schedule as I don't care for the whole 5 in one thing. Too many things for a little one's immune system to take on at once in my humble opinion. I feel so bad that he is feeling awful, his temps have reached 104 at the highest. We've done a lot of tubbies and a lot of Tylenol. He is doing a little better today but my little man who usually shovels the food in is not really eating much of anything. I hate feeling helpless as a Mom, it's the worst feeling. The past two nights he has been in our bed with us and crying out and squirming in discomfort, the only thing I could do for him was rock, sing softly and pray. God answered my prayers both nights and allowed my son to fall into a peaceful sleep, snuggled against my chest. If anyone out there is reading this, can you please pray for my little guy? Thank you,
Alicia

No comments: