Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Merry Christmas-a little late

Merry Christmas!! Better late then never I like to say! It was a good Christmas, a little stressful at times, but good. Sometimes I really forget to look at all I have and realize just how blessed I am. A wonderful husband who loves our children and is loved back fiercely by them. FOUR healthy, beautiful, wonderful, amazing children that I adore. A roof over my head, a reliable car to drive, good, healthy food on our table and nice clothes on our backs. Sometimes I get so caught up in the whirlwind of our society telling us we should have bigger houses, nicer clothes, better cars etc, etc that I forget to look at what I do have and feel blessed. That is something that every Christmas I get reminded of. Something about the beauty and magic and spirit of that day make me stop and shed tears in utter amazement of what I have been blessed with. This Christmas it was even more prevalent as I stood by my father-in-laws bedside and watched him painstakingly open his gifts. The cancer is taking away the once strong, healthly man and replacing it with a thin, frail, weak man. It is so hard to watch, it is breaking our oldest daughters heart and our oldest nephews heart. But we have all learned different things from this journey, things that we never would have learned. My husband is learning to lean on God more, to have more faith in Him. His relationship with the Lord is growing, God is drawing him closer. It's one of the things I read about in other people's blogs, and experienced myself after my miscarriages but I've never witnessed it through someone else so close to me. Through our trials and tribulations come blessings and lessons, and how very blessed I am this Christmas season!!



No comments: