Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

This week my husband had to go away for some business training. He left Sunday afternoon and will return Thursday night. The last time he went away was when Landon was about 2 months old. It was a little scary at first to be on my own with four little ones for a few days, but we managed and everything went fine. I was again a little nervous this time, Landon is mobile now which makes the evening routine a little more challenging but I've got it down. The few things I expected to be a challenge have been fine, it was the few things I was not expecting that became big challenges for me this week.. Like the snow storm that I didn't see coming, bikes still in the yard, wheel borrow still in the yard, lawn mower still out.....you get the idea. I didn't even know where my scraper was, let alone how I was going to get the driveway cleaned. My husband suggested a friend to call and come snow blow but let's face it everyone is busy these days with their own families. My Dad just had a plow installed on his truck this summer so I figured he would probably come do the driveway. I forgot however that there is a learning curve, as with anything, to plowing driveways. Hopefully he didn't scrape up too much of my lawn..... Then there was the pellet stove that began misbehaving the day after my hubby left. It started with my stove doors becoming pitch black with creosote, a small "explosion" inside the stove, a 911 call placed and ended with the pellet stove company sending out a repair technician only to tell me it was clogged up and the pipes needing cleaning. My husband was not impressed to say the least and we had a few not so pleasant conversations. Then I discovered another problem with another area in my life that I'm not even going to get into here. UGH!!!! Seriously, I wanted to climb into my bed, pull the covers over my head and pretend the day hadn't happened. But God knows better because he blessed me with four children to keep me too busy to crawl into bed and wallow in self pity. So I fed my blessings, bathed them, read the girls a book while my baby drank his milk. I kissed the little man goodnight, said prayers with my girls and tucked them all in for the night. After a glass of wine, a calmer conversation with my husband and a heartwarming conversation with my Mom I went to bed and ended that terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day!

No comments: